by Trevor Moore
There is nothing I enjoy more in life than my kids. Figuring out how to keep them occupied and entertained can sometimes be a real challenge. Of course, the pandemic has changed the landscape for indoor activities with closures and avoiding big crowds. The weather is another big factor for outside activities and even getting together with friends. Luckily, there are a lot of options for kids of all ages.
There are several parks in the area. Lincoln Park, Madison Park, and Big Chimneys Park are terrific. However our family favorite is Cherry Hill Park in the City of Falls Church, next to City Hall and the community center. This is considered the “crown jewel”, and you can understand why with the amount of activities available. Since my kids are younger, they love the playground equipment which was just renovated over the past couple of years. They also have basketball, horseshoe and volleyball courts, grills, picnic tables and shelters. You can even reserve the picnic shelters for birthday parties or special events. Cherry Hill is centrally located near local businesses downtown. My family loves to walk over to Sweet Frog for frozen yogurt on hot days after playing. I feel lucky being close to other great options.
Another great place is Clay Café Studios. We have been there several times for birthday parties. The kids are able to pick out a piece of pottery, decorate it with paint, and come back later to pick up their masterpieces. A family owned business that has been around since 1998, they have after school programs, camps, and of course birthday parties. Bonus – they can even bring the party to you!
If your kids need to get their sillies out, go to Scramble. An indoor jungle gym madhouse for ages 5 months to 12 years old. My kids could spend hours jumping and running around. Scramble also hosts parties and summer camps. The company takes health and safety very seriously. Check out their website for details.
I can’t wait to get my kids to Code Ninja of Falls Church. Kids as young as 5 to 7 years learn through games. They strengthen their problem-solving skills while learning how to code in a fun and an educational environment. We all know our kids are picking up technology way faster than us adults! Why not start them young…
What kid doesn’t like to bowl? Take your kids to Bowl America Falls Church for an afternoon of fun. I went bowling a lot as a kid and look forward to having the similar experience with my kids.
There are so many fun activities for kids in our community. And you have a chance to join the fun and feel like a kid again.
Falls Church Parks Links
- Cherry Hill Park – https://www.fallschurchva.gov/1543/Cherry-Hill-Park
- Lincoln Park – https://www.fallschurchva.gov/1549/Lincoln-Park
- Madison Park – http://www.fallschurchva.gov/1550/Madison-Park
- Big Chimneys Park – https://www.fallschurchva.gov/1541/Big-Chimneys-Park
- Falls Church Community Center – http://www.fallschurchva.gov/508/Community-Center
- Code Ninjas Falls Church https://www.codeninjas.com/va-falls-church/
- Clay Café Studios – https://www.claywire.com
- Bowl America Falls Church – https://www.bowlero.com/location/bowl-america-falls-church
- Scramble – https://goscramble.com
- Sweet Frog Falls Church – https://www.sweetfrog.com/stores/frozen-yogurt-falls-church/35293